Political conference at a crucial time
The Danish Minister for Transport will be one of the speakers at the conference. So will Minister-President of Schleswig-Holstein Torsten Albig as well as the state’s Minister of European Affairs Anke Spoorendonk. Attendees also include the Danish Minister of Housing, Urban and Rural Areas Carsten Hansen and Schleswig-Holstein’s Minister of Energy Transition, Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas Dr. Robert Habeck.
Thirty speakers, panelists and experts are involved in this conference, providing a wide perspective of the corridor’s opportunities in green growth development. The conference reflects dynamic developments in infrastructure investments and on multiple levels of cooperation.
Through political speeches, a panel debate and thematic political discussions between politicians, experts and participants, the conference will pursue a way to ensure sustainable growth and welfare in the future.
During the half-day conference there will be a panel debate on the stage, followed by five panel discussions alongside each other where participants will be invited to share opinions and insight. There will also be presentations of the six relevant Interreg programs aiming to inspire the participants to seize hold of the funding potential in the new Interreg program period (2014-21).
The conference will draw to a close with a final statement from First Deputy Chairman of the Regional Council Henrik Appel Esbensen, City of Copenhagen as he takes over the chairmanship of STRING from Anke Spoorendonk.
The conference will take place Wednesday 1 October at Tivoli Congress Centre 9-13:30 (lunch begins at 12:45). Registration begins at 8.
The conference will be held in English and German. Translation will be provided.
Participants at the panel debate:
• Dr. Dorothee Stapelfeldt, Second Mayor and Senator for Science and Research of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
• Dr. Robert Habeck, Minister of Energy Transition, Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas Schleswig-Holstein
• Carsten Hansen, Danish Minister of Housing, Urban and Rural Areas
• Nicolaus Lange, Chairman of Fehmarnbelt Business Council
• Pia Kinhult, First Governor of Skåne
• Henrik Appel, Member of Copenhagen City Council
• Leise Hartvig Sandemann, Representative of the MEP Baltic Sea Region Youth Parliament Organization
Please follow this link for the full program: